Two Scholarships for ICCT Summer Programme (Nigerian Nationals Only)
ICCT and the T.M.C. Asser Instituut are pleased to announce the availability of two full scholarships exclusively available to participants from Nigeria for the 2014 Summer Programme “Countering Terrorism in the Post 9/11 World: Legal Challenges and Dilemmas”, which will take place in The Hague, the Netherlands from 25 to 29 August 2014.
Selection Criteria Eligible Candidates
The full scholarships are available for Nigerian citizens, with an academic background in areas such as law, security studies, international relations, conflict studies or other related fields, who currently work at (semi-) governmental institutions, courts or civil society organisations that are actively involved in counter-terrorism (CT) matters, and who wish to expand their knowledge of the underlying legal tenets and dilemmas in CT.
- Have an academic background in areas such as law, security studies, international relations, conflict studies or other related fields;
- Be directly involved in CT issues in Nigeria;
- Have a Nigerian nationality;
- Be fluent in English; and
- have a genuine interest to learn more about a rule of law-based approach towards CT.
The scholarship covers
- Tuition fees including study materials;
- Economy class, return air travel from Nigeria to the Netherlands (up to a maximum of € 1000);
- Local travel with public transport from the Airport in the Netherlands to The Hague (and back) (2nd class);
- 6 nights hotel accommodation (including breakfast) in The Hague, near the Asser Instituut;
- Basic medical insurance for the duration of the participant’s stay in the Netherlands;
- A daily subsistence allowance toward food expenses.
The scholarships will be awarded on professional and academic merit. When applying for the summer programme, applicants must submit a letter of motivation (max 500 words), indicating and demonstrating the relevance of the summer programme to the candidate’s your current work.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Completed online scholarship application form, available at http://www.asser.nl/scholarship-NigeriaCT2014;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Letter of motivation (max. 500 words) indicating and demonstrating the relevance of the summer programme to the candidate’s current work;
- A signed letter of reference by the candidate’s employer.
ICCT and the T.M.C. Asser Instituut may, in addition, request proof of the applicant’s proficiency in English.
The deadline for application is 1 July 2014.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a panel of professionals from the T.M.C. Asser Instituut and ICCT. Scholarship recipients will be notified before 8 July 2014. The decision will be non-negotiable.
For more detailed information on the programme please click here.
For further enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org