ICCT Live Briefing: Evolutions of Counter-Terrorism since 9/11
On 2 November, 2021, the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism (ICCT) hosted an online Live Briefing for the release of the book, The Evolution of Counter-Terrorism since 9/11. Author of the book and keynote speaker of the event was ICCT’s new Director Thomas Renard. View the recording of the Live Briefing below:
In this Live Briefing, ICCT’s Director Thomas Renard presents his book The Evolution of Counter-Terrorism since 9/11. The book is about the evolution of counter-terrorism (CT) policies in liberal democracies since 2001, and the paradigm shift that has taken place. Discussant Gilles de Kerchove, former EU counter-terrorism coordinator, discusses the content and implications of counter-terrorism policies at the European level. The briefing is concluded with a Q&A.
- Dr. Thomas Renard, Director at the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism and author of The Evolution of Counter-Terrorism since 9/11.
- Dr. Gilles de Kerchove, former EU Counter-Terrorism Coordinator.
For related readings on terrorism, please see:
- Our podcast series on counter-terrorism after 9/11 with conversations with practitioners, academics and policy-makers.
- The Homecoming of Foreign Fighters in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium: Policies and Challenges
- Transitioning from Military Interventions to Long-term Counter-Terrorism Policy